The RACING hydro generator is the patented and industrialized version of the prototypes developed for the round the world race Vendée Globe 2008. This model is particularly adapted to performing racing yachts.
Effective on a range of speed from 5 to 30 knots, it is equipped with a variable pitch propeller electronically controlled by an autonomous and miniaturized processor: the drag is minimized and the energy output optimized. A hydraulic pump allows the control of the variable pitch. The assembly is carried out on the transom thanks to lifting system like rudder.
- Power: 600W at 12 knots (40A – 12V; 20A – 24V)
- Start-up speed: 5 knots
- Carbon or Alumnium leg
- Carbon version : Weight 6,5 kg; Height: 80 cm; Width: 45 cm
- Aluminium Version : Weight 8,5 kg; Height: 92 cm; Width: 34 cm
- Delivered with the last generation of 12-24 Vcc autodetected converter, 3 blades, hydraulic pump and bracket with cam-cleat (Racing aluminium)
- Patent N°FR0855813 – EEC patented design N°001783523
- High energy production: total autonomy of racing yachts!
- Negligible drag thanks to perfect hydrodynamics and very high output components
- System dimensioned for extreme conditions (over 30knots)
- Flexibility and facility of operation from 7 to 25 knots thanks to a propeller with variable pitch